- Qualifying ExtraCare card must be presented at checkout to use CVS Pharmacy coupons.
- Expired coupons will not be accepted.
- Valid coupons loaded to your ExtraCare card will be applied at checkout.
- You cannot exchange your coupons or ExtraBucks Rewards for cash or gift cards. Neither coupons nor ExtraBucks Rewards can be refunded or re-issued.
- Individual coupon value cannot exceed the value of the item it is applied to.
- CVS Pharmacy coupons generally cannot be used on sale, promotional or clearance items. Other restrictions may apply. Language at the bottom of coupons may provide additional coupon acceptance rules.
- CVS/pharmacy accepts one manufacturer coupon and applicable CVS/pharmacy coupon(s) per item, unless prohibited by either coupon offer.
- CVS has the right to refuse or limit the use of any coupon and/or the subsequent return for any reason and at the discretion of CVS Pharmacy management.
- There is no set limit to how many identical coupons may be redeemed however, store managers do reserve the right to set discretionary limits on specific items.
- Percent-off coupons may be used on non-promotional/non-sale items. Exclusions are displayed on each of the coupons.
- CVS/pharmacy accepts internet/print at home coupons that include a barcode.
- ExtraCare coupons can be printed at home or in-store; or redeemed directly from your ExtraCare card.
- You are able to send available deals and coupons to your ExtraCare card from CVS.com, the CVS Pharmacy mobile app, digital receipts and CVS Pharmacy email.
- There is no limit to the number of ExtraBucks Rewards that may be used in a transaction as long as it does not exceed the transaction total. The number of manufacturer coupons used in a transaction may not exceed the number of items in the transaction.